Over the decade, most of the YouTubers have turned into celebrities, for instance, take Superwoman. As per Wikipedia, “In 2017, she was ranked tenth on the Forbes list of the world’s highest-paid YouTube stars, earning a reported $10.5 million in 2017.”
Well, though this Youtube world seems entertaining and easy but had it been this easy, you’d have not been here reading this article. So, let’s just set the expectations right and accept that making money through Youtube is tricky. We have tried to unravel the mysteries of Youtube and though we don’t promise that you’d start making money overnight but we’re sure that you’ll know the path to make money online with YouTube videos by monetizing your channel.
Let’s go step by step and help you monetize your Youtube channel.
- Monetize Youtube Channel
- Essential Rule for monetizing your YouTube Channel
- How Increase YouTube Subscribers and Video Views?
- Five Ways to make money online through YouTube
Monetize Youtube Channel
The YouTube Partner Program gives makers a chance to earn money online through YouTube. Makers can earn money from advertisements that are served on their videos and from YouTube Red supporters watching their content.
You should finish the 4 stages before you can make money online with Youtube videos. Find out about qualification and the program limit.
1. Create a Channel
After you’ve signed into YouTube, go to the menu in the top right corner and choose Creator Studio. Then opt for Status and features. You’ll see the “Monetization” tab, Enable that and just follow the on-screen instructions and accept the YouTube Partner Program Terms.
- Logo: Upload your organization logo to the channel symbol box at the upper left of your channel page. In the event that you don’t have a logo, make use of a quality picture that speaks of your business in an expert way.
- ‘About’ Section: The about segment is an open door for you to tell individuals your identity, what you do, where to discover you, and how to connect. Make sure to connect all your other social handles with the goal that individuals can follow you on numerous channels.
- Channel Art: You can enable your channel to emerge from the group by redoing your channel look and feel. Be watchful while picking your channel’s theme, we recommend utilizing a basic outline or example that is predictable with your organization’s theme.
Likewise, ensure you have the rights to utilize picture you pick. In conclusion, go look at what these pictures look like on different gadgets to ensure everything looks great. Ensure that your channel and theme are responsive on all platforms.
2. Allow Advertisements on your channel – Sign Up for Adsense Account
Make another AdSense account or associate a current one to your channel. You require an AdSense record to make money online from Youtube videos and get paid. Take after these means to set up an AdSense account.
3. Set Your preferences for Monetization
Select what kinds of advertisements you need to keep running on your videos and naturally turn on adaptation for all your current and future videos. When you set this up, you will begin making money when your channel is endorsed.
- Confirm you need to adapt monetization for all your current and future videos.
- Check the cases under Ads formats to pick the sorts of advertisements you need to appear.
- Click Save.
You can simply change these setting in your adaptation default so every transfer is consequently adapted or not adapted, or pick the particular videos you need to advertise on.
4. Lastly, you submit your account for Review purposes to the Youtube Partner Program
Essential Rule for monetizing your YouTube Channel
Back in 2016, the mandate to join the YouTube Partner Program was to have 10,000-lifetime views. However, things have changed over the previous update.
As per the latest update, Youtube requires your channel to have the following two criteria met so that you can make money online with YouTube videos
- Your channel should have 4,000 watch hours in the previous 12 months
- Minimum of 1,000 subscribers
How Increase YouTube Subscribers and Video Views?
Here are some quick ways to increase traffic on your YouTube channel.
- Create engaging video contents – Engagement is the key on all social media platforms not just on YouTube.
- Improve SEO to Rank Your Videos – If you already know how to improve SEO of website or blog, you can apply similar techniques to rank YouTube videos.
- Participate in the Community – Increase your interaction on YouTube, reply comments or start the conversation not just on your videos but also on other channels. While commenting on other videos don’t over-promote your channels or videos.
- Share your videos on Facebook Groups – There are millions of groups on Facebook, Join on related groups, contribute regularly on that group by sharing valuable contents. If group members start to react or interact on your post, you can also share your video or channel links. DO NOT OVERSHARE
- Submit videos on content curation and bookmarking sites – There are many sites internet marketer and content creators use to generate traffic on their website or YouTube videos. (Content Curation Tools: The Ultimate List for Beginners and Pros) . You can also submit your videos on websites like Reddit, Stumbleupon, Vidinterest etc.
- Guest Post – Write a blog post and embed your videos in the article. You can also write for sites like Boredpanda, Listverse.
What if my subscribers Drop?
In case of a temporary drop for instance, if your channel drops to 997 subscribers for one day, then goes back to 1000+, the YPP doesn’t remove you and allows you to continue monetizing your channel.
How do I check my watch hours?
YouTube Analytics Watch time report gives you the data on your watch hours. By default, the report shows watch hours in minutes, therefore, ensure changing your view to watch time in hours.
How to do that?
In the graph, click the Compare metric drop-down menu, then choose Watch time (hours).
Five Ways to make money online through YouTube
Here are 4 best strategies to make money online through Youtube.
- Affiliate Marketing: Affiliate marketing is basically a form of marketing wherein you approach companies/individuals to refer your product for consideration of commission. Giant marketing organizations are not totally subject to their own channel for content distribution. They pay a decent amount to the channels who as of now have a fan base. This should be possible with straightforward advances. To make money through Youtube, you can approach some company which sells products from your niche. They shall pay you a decent amount basis your audience size and the views you offer. This sum can be anything from $1 to $10 for each view through.
- Advertising: Enabling Adsense on your Youtube videos is the most astounding pick strategy for earning money on YouTube. You can interface your YouTube channel with Adsense and start running Adsense advertisements on your videos. Presently for each view on your channel, you will get 55% of the advertisement income. YouTube keeps the other 45%. On a normal day, you make $1 to $2 for 1000 monetized views on your video.
- Direct Promotion: Broadly utilized as sponsorship. The publicizing organization adds to your revenue by paying you a settled sum for their coordinated effort with your channel. It is slightly different from affiliate marketing. Here you should demonstrate a depiction of their items into your video. In return, they will pay you a certain sum which can shift from $100 to more or less contingent upon your audience size.
- Crowdfunding: There are numerous crowdfunding sites like patreon that gives you an option to accept donation or tips in return you keep your promise to create content. You can provide free information to anybody and approach them for some help. Trust me, views do give a gigantic add up to these channels.
Now that you have your beginner’s guide on how to make money online with Youtube videos, hope you get started sooner. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask me in the comments section below.
Also, read – Ten Tips on How to Make Money From Your Blog
1st published on Enbeeone3.com